Tuesday, August 18, 2009

August 6 2009 - Sandusky - Cleveland


Today we made our way into another big city: Cleveland, Ohio!


The 60 mile ride went by very quickly because the route was next to Lake Erie the entire way. There were beautiful views and homes all the way into the city, and we were all excited to see the skyscrapers of another big city on our trip.


We were supposed to have a big arrival at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but there was some confusion in the process, so we ended up riding there and just spending some time in the exhibits. When I came into the city I was greeted by family which was really nice. My dad and siblings came and spent an hour with me before I had to return back to lodging.
Our lodging was at the Cleveland Clinic Children’s Hospital in a somewhat questionable part of the city. When we arrived at the hospital we were greeted by some of the children with disabilities. We got to meet a few before showering and getting ready for a sponsored dinner in one of the city parks.


Dinner was really relaxing tonight because there was no programming at all. I played Euchre, wiffleball, and football while waiting for dinner to be prepared. Our evening was hosted by Jim Carlevick who is a past JOH cyclist and one of the men who was instrumental in creating the Journey of Hope as it is now. It was another fantastic meal and when it concluded I went out for another bite to eat with my dad and step mom. They returned me back to lodging in time to get to bed.


Tomorrow we have a free day in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment