Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 22 2009 - Iowa City - Davenport

Another rain soaked day in the state of Iowa!

We left Iowa City this morning and made our way 60 miles to Davenport through the pouring rain and fog. The fog was so thick in the morning that we had to stop riding 20 miles into the ride for safety purposes. After a 30 minute wait, the fog began to clear and we made our way back onto the road to complete the remainder of the ride.

When we arrived in Davenport, we setup lodging at our hotel and rested for a couple of hours! Afterwards, we got ready for the evening friendship visit at a nearby pool. While at the visit, I spent most of my time playing croquet and bean bags with Tim. I was pretty exhausted from the long day so I didn’t actually end up hopping in the pool, but I had a blast playing various field games.

After the friendship visit was over we headed back to lodging and got ready for the big day ahead to Dubuque!

No comments:

Post a Comment