Thursday, July 30, 2009

July 28 2009 - Milwaukee - Glenview


Today was an easy day on the bike as we moved from the Milwaukee suburbs to the Chicago suburbs!


We quickly made our way to Glenview so that we could make it to our Vaeth family sponsored meal. The lunch provided by Bob and Joy Vaeth was amazing and consisted of cheeseburgers with lots of extras and milkshakes. After lunch, I went to the library to catch up on journal entries and pictures, but was unable to catch up completely due to a time crunch. Seth Klondar, a past JOH cyclist, provided a fantastic dinner and presentation about translating our experiences on the bike into a resume builder. The presentation was helpful and sparked some thoughts in my head. I realized that I need to make sure that I write down some specific experiences from the trip that I felt helped me grow as a person.


After dinner, we had our mid-summer ritual in which we reflected on the summer thus far and refocused ourselves for the last few weeks of the trip. I was happy that we had our ritual because I needed to make sure that I am making the most of my experience and not looking too far ahead towards the end. It was a busy night and I need to get some rest for our big ride into the city of Chicago tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment