Friday, June 19, 2009

June 12-16 2009 - "The sick days"




The last few days have been hectic! I haven’t been able to bike or put together any blog entries because I have been extremely ill. I originally came down with the flu and was forced into the emergency room on Saturday night with dehydration and pains. After being given some fluids and antibiotics, I rested for 2 more days only to find that I had contracted a middle ear infection. As such, I had to pay another visit to the Emergency Room to receive IV antibiotics and more pain medication. Today is the first day that I have been well enough to get an entry in.
I haven’t been biking at all, but the riders have traveled from San Francisco – Napa – Sacramento – Jackson, California. We have been making friendship visits along the way in each city. The friendship visits have been unbelievable because we have had the opportunity to interact with people with various disabilities and see the amazing talents that they possess. We are currently in Jackson, California and getting ready to set out on an 80 mile mountainous bike ride to Kirkwood tomorrow! You can look forward to more detailed entries from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment