Monday, June 29, 2009

June 26 2009 Delta - Payson


Today was a rough day on the bike! My upper knee began to flare up again and so I was only able to ride 10 miles before racking myself. While I was disappointed that I couldn’t finish the day, I was excited that I could spend some time with the crew and take some great pictures. We arrived into Payson, Utah to find that it was by far the largest town that we have been in since Sacramento, California. As such, we were able to do bike shop runs, and some trips to the local Wal-Mart for necessity items.


We didn’t have any programming or sponsored meals this evening so the brothers and I went to the local Mexican Restaurant for one of the cyclist’s 21st birthday. We had a decent meal and then split up into 2 different groups. One group stayed out at the karaoke bar and the other (including me) went out to the movie theater to see the opening of Transformers 2. When we reached the theater we realized that everyone in Payson had the same idea so we weren’t able to gain entrance to the theater. Since we were all so excited about the movie we decided to look up the next closest theater. We hoped back in the cars and drove 15 miles towards Salt Lake City to the next there in Provo, Utah. When we arrived, we found that everyone in Provo also wanted to see Transformers 2 and so it was also sold out. Tired and defeated, we settled for ice cream cones on the return trip to lodging.


I won’t be riding tomorrow because I will be resting my knee for another 2 days. Look for some great pictures of Salt Lake City, Utah though!

No comments:

Post a Comment