Friday, June 19, 2009

June 17 2009 - Jackson to Markleeville


Today was an absolutely fantastic day! We started off the morning with a full breakfast provided by a Mel and Faye’s diner, who have been supporting the Journey of Hope for 22 years. We departed from Jackson, California around 7 am and spent the entire day ascending into the Sierra Nevada Mountains. The riders traveled over 85 miles and climbed over 7000 vertical feet on their journey to Markleeville, California. Almost all of the riders were able to make it the whole way, but a few did succumb to health issues throughout the day. I have taken a lot of great pictures of the rivers and mountains which I will be posted on website to be named soon.
Unfortunately, I was unable to ride today but I am expecting to make my first start in a few days on our way out of Carson City, Nevada!

No comments:

Post a Comment